1. Make the move to a period when the business is not at its peak. There is no ideal time to move an office because in any case, it will be impossible for the office to function for a few days. That is why you have to plan the move to a slower period for your business. Experience will tell you the exact time. For example, this period may be in January, as it is often weaker in business terms after Christmas holidays; the period may also be in the summer when there are fewer people in the office.
2. Discuss the preparatory operations with the removal company.
Each company has its own protocol when performing office relocation. Discuss absolutely everything about the pre-training required before you move. This will make the move as smooth and seamless as possible.
The removal company may require your employees to pack their accessories in boxes and boxes and to disconnect the equipment from the power supply. To do this, you have to prepare your employees to safely and responsibly pack their stuff in order to avoid damage or damage.
Discuss with your moving company whether items that will not be moved to the new location will remain your concern, or they will have to take care of them.
3. Give priority to the IT department.
For most businesses, the IT department is essential for the company’s operations. Make the organization move around the IT department office to the top. So the company can stand up and start working much faster after moving.
You can discuss with the IT department about introducing any improvements to the equipment that will take place before the move itself. This, in turn, will ensure that the offices and equipment of the IT department are up-to-date and work efficiently in the new space.
4. Make the move to the key departments first.
Top priority departments need to be moved and arranged in the new office before everyone else. In this way, they will be able to function as quickly as possible. These may also be key employees. For example, representatives of the company in front of customers or major departments that make up a large part of their business, such as the production department. Focus on the key departments and move them forward in moving toward other departments that can operate remotely or on a freer schedule.
5. Make insurance.
Talk to the insurance company about what relocation insurance they can do to you. To do this, you will need to prepare an inventory of your inventory, as well as an overall assessment of the value of the items moved.
Great removals company, Move Assured
6. Take care of cleaning your old office.
Make sure to leave it as clean as you’ve found it. You may need to arrange a cleaning team that consists of volunteers from your company or hire a professional cleaning company to handle the room as soon as you leave it.
Here is one Profesional Cleaning Company, SYK Cleaners
If you are moving your office from one country to another you can read some interesting things in the article about moving from the UK to the USA.
If you need to know some moving office tips for packing you can watch this video